Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Why Whimpy Conservatives cannot Communicate (The Week in Review)

It is a shame to me that us heartless conservatives cannot be a little more heartless! In general, Majority Leader Bill Frist has proved once and for all that not only is he not competent to run the Senate, how in the world is he going to run the country? At least we can strike one person off the list of possibilities for 2008. I like President Bush because he is ballsy, and when people underestimate him, he strikes back and leaves them wondering how in the world they lost even more power. But, if the Democrats can't beat us, we sure can beat ourselves! Senator Frist (I think he is still a Senator?) is the antithesis of ballsy. I don't even think he can spell it, and being a heart surgeon, I don't even think he knows where they are located. (Where is a proctologist when we need one?) Anyways, I digress, but I am just really ticked off at the incompetence of the national Republican party right now. At least they are smart enough to stand by the best whip/majority leader in recent history. We are the only political party that is presenting any ideas on things like social security, tax breaks for small business, and fixing medicare, however, we are constantly running neck and neck. I think this lies in our inability to really communicate. Why else do minorities constantly vote for Representatives and Senators that do absolutely nothing for them except use them for votes. Why else have we not been able to get Social Security legislation through? Why else haven't we pulled the plug on this "Nuclear" option two years earlier! I am getting to the point that I would almost rather us be in the minority! I think we focus a little more, we communicate a lot better, and it makes me proud to call myself a conservative and a Republican. Now, I am just content to be a conservative. And I promise you this, if things keep going this way, don't be surprised if a third party starts that is for conservatives, by conservatives, who might be in the minority but at least we know who we are and where our balls are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At this juncture in time Dr. Frist is not the one to focus on. He was finally focused on obtaining an up or down vote for ALL of President Bush's judicial nominations. It is McCain and his 6 dwarves that did an end around the the other 48 Pubbie Senators and the President.

Senator Frist may have hurt his chances in 2008 but McCain really shot himself in the foot and other parts of his anatomy which I will not mention. What the 7 dwarves did was not courageous! This was an act of covering their own behinds and supposedly their own futures. This is going to backfire (no pun intended) bigtime on McCain. His own State is livid at him.

By the way Cinncinatus what is up with your Ohioan Senators especially since it was Ohio that put Bush over the top just 7 short months ago?

Cincinnatus said...

Of course it wasn't courageous for the dwarves, but a majority leader has to be able to keep his troops in line.
-Cincinnatus