Sunday, March 20, 2005

A word about feeding tubes, brain waves, and what in the heck are they thinking?

As you all have probably heard by now, Terri Schiavo is now hungry. On Friday, a very dark day in my opinion, her feeding tube was removed. First, I would like to point out a few things. She is not "brain dead" like the media is reporting. She is in fact somewhat functional. Of course, we have all seen the photos of her haphazardly smiling towards cameras. She is able to "communicate" with her parents and she is just what the liberal establishment has come to know as handicapped. She cannot feed herself. Which brings us to the feeding tube. It is just that, a feeding tube. It is not a respirator, it is not an iron lung, it is a feeding tube. While it is true that she will die without the aid of this miraculous means of modern technology, this does not, in my view warrant taking it away. My daughter cannot eat unless she is fed, wait I am bringing a child into this, nevermind, five months ago it would have been alright to kill her too in the eyes of liberals, so it is just a waste of breath to go into that example. Another point, there is NO living will, which by the way I just had one done, it states "Try and kill me you bloodhounds and I will show you your Constitutional rights in eternity!" Call me selfish but I will be around for awhile! So, Terri's husband (I could care less what his name is) claims that she told him she wanted to die. I am sure that this was great dinner talk, but it wasn't in writing! If I claimed Sam Walton whispered to me that I was his heir, I would be laughed at, but she whispers she wants to die and everyone accepts it as a legally binding wish.
So, the courts ruled that this is not a violation of her constitutional rights. Of course, a criminal gets due process but a harmless citizen gets her feeding tube taken away. I have talked about liberals "protecting" things before, I guess they are trying to protect the Constitution now! Now, thank the Lord, Congress is doing something about it. Of course her "husband" says that, " I'm outraged, and I think that every American in this country should also be outraged that this government is trampling all over a personal family matter that has been adjudicated in the courts for seven years," he told CNN. "I think that the Congress has more important things to discuss." This might be logical if they weren't discussing this on their DAY OFF! I for one am glad that they decided to actually come in on their day off. That means that us taxpayers get a little more bang for our buck. Now, would the media be reporting that this was a waste of time if they were discussing important things like tax hikes, abortion on demand, or saving some Caribou in Alaska? Of course not, that is what we pay them for? I don't think so, in fact I vote for these guys to do exactly what they are doing! Telling the courts that they do have jurisdiction and they better do something about this.
That, by the way is the reason that Congress is getting involved in the first place. The Federal Courts decided that they did not have jurisdiction. So, Congress is giving it to them. Which, by the way is their Constitutional right. (Article III, Section 2, Clause 3-Not that I am keeping score) And it is really hard to misinterpret what it states too (not that it matters to the Supremes), "In all the other Cases before mentioned, the supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make." Hmmm, sounds to me like this is not a waste of time, BUT THEIR JOB!!! So, let us all say a prayer for the merciless souls in this case. It is bad enough that her so-called husband is lovingly patient enough to let the courts decide her fate and not finish her off himself! Let alone that he has sired two children out of wedlock with another woman. If being on a feeding tube is grounds for dying, I am sure that adultery is grounds for divorce. Don't worry Mr. and Mrs. Schindler, I think I heard Terri say that she wanted a divorce about 15 years ago, maybe we wouldn't be in this circumstance if every so-called whisper was taken into account.
-Cincinnatus

No comments: